Authorial Supervision — is one type of the services provided by the authors of the design in order to ensure compliance of the solutions stated in design documents with works performed at a site. The need for Authorial Supervision is stipulated by the legislation.
Main goals and objectives of authorial supervision in well construction:
- Control over compliance of technical and engineering parameters of well construction with the approved Design and Drilling Program (hereinafter referred to as the Design Documentation).
- Control over solution to geological tasks stated in the Design Documentation.
- Control over execution of field geophysical surveys and ensuring their adherence to the Design Documentation.
- Development control and production tests of industrial and exploratory fields for.
- Control over technological processes and operations execution; ensuring compliance of used equipment, tools and devices with the ones stated in the Design Documentation.
- Consolidation of designer’s supervision outcomes and using them while developing new designs.
Authorial Supervision is exercised pursuant to an agreement and is usually carried out during the entire period of facility construction and commissioning and if necessary at the early stage of its operation. Requirements to types, periods and quality of works are stipulated by the Customer in the assignment to the Designer’s Supervision Contract.
The Code of Designing and Construction Rules ÑÏ 11-110-99, section Authorial Supervision in Buildings and Facilities Construction is the main document regulating Authorial Supervision activity.
The OJSC SPA “Burovaya Tekhnika”, as a developer of design documents for well construction, exercises designer’s supervision over its design execution. The fact that there is a special subdivision in the Company titled the Department of Well Construction Engineering Support staffed with highly qualified professionals, including 4 candidates of sciences, proves the significance of this type work in the entire scope of the Company’s designing activity.
Procedure of authorial supervision execution
The Customer provides the Executor of Authorial Supervision (the Designer) with all engineering documents relevant to the well construction facility (daily reports, reports of the involved service companies, works acceptance certificates, minutes of geological-technical meetings, and interpreted geophysical data). If necessary, the Executor suggests suspending technical processes and operations if they fail to meet the design solutions.
The Customer decides if the staff of the Executor should stay at the drilling rig.
Commencement of works — starting the moment of spudding-in.
Completion of works — two weeks after (the term is specified in an Agreement) the whole set of materials is submitted to the Customer.
In accordance with ÑÏ 11-110-99, a construction log book is kept while executing designer’s supervision. This log book is drawn up by the Designer and is handed over to the Customer.
Due to the fact that we have acquired a broad experience in executing this type of work and Customers are interested in evaluation of well construction quality and efficiency, there has emerged a need for a consolidated analytical document summing up the results of the work.
In this respect, after well construction is completed, the OJSC draws up and hands over to the Customer a detailed report which includes:
- detailed description of works fulfilled by the Executor in the process of Authorial Supervision;
- description and analysis of geological factors of well construction;
- analysis and description of drilling technologies used, analysis of fulfilled works on well testing, cementing and conservation;
- analysis of complications faced in well construction and proposed preventive measures;
- duration and technical and economic indicators of well construction;
- suggestions and recommendation for construction technology and design solutions enhancement.
The requirements to the report, as well as the date of submission are defined by the Customer.